Today, I awoke to the wonderful news that I have been awarded the Liebster Award by the swagtastic, Daddy Anarchy (check him out; hi-to-the-larious). I shall take a moment to let the applause die down.
What’s the Liebster Award, you might ask? Why, it’s only the most awesome award ever. I get to share all about me, and then get other bloggers to share all about themselves. We bloggers as a whole are a shy bunch, unlikely to reveal too much, so this is the perfect opportunity to get us out of our shells.
Now, this is not an award I take lightly. It comes with great responsibility. I have to state 11 facts about myself, answer 11 probing questions from Daddy Anarchy (tee hee, I used the word “probe”), and then pass the torch to at least three other bloggers (who have less than 3,000 followers), and ask them compelling questions about themselves. They in turn give this great honor to other bloggers and so on and so forth until we are all joined in one giant bloggy hug. It’s good stuff.
So, here we go. Eleven super fantastic fun facts…
- I am originally from the great state of California, and I moved to Ohio to attend The Ohio State University. Don’t forget the “The.” They take it seriously there.
- I hate snow. Passionately. Every single flake. And I’ve lived in a snowy state for 18 years. FML.
- I was a Classics major in college, which means I spent four years studying ancient Greece by analyzing pots and old plays. (Spoiler alert to anyone else majoring in Classics, or Greek and Latin as it is now known, it does not lead to a real job once you graduate)
- For roughly eight years, I worked on the websites at two different news stations in Columbus. There were amazing highs and soul-crushing lows. I wouldn’t trade it for anything as I met two of my best friends and earned a great deal of perspective on the world at large.
- I took a sabbatical from college and lived in San Diego for a few months. I worked at the Natural History Museum, and I had the opportunity to help dissect a mountain lion that had been attacking dogs in the area.
- When I was little I did voice over work for commercials and I had the opportunity to work with Lorenzo Music, also known as the voice of Garfield. I’ll give you a moment to get over the jealousy.
- I was the Twister champ in high school.
- I have visited every mission in California. My favorite part of the mission to visit was the cemetery. I used to make up stories about the people that were buried there.
- Never have I ever… watched any of the Rocky or Rambo films. I know I’m missing something culturally, but I just can’t bring myself to watch them.
- I could eat my weight in Cadbury Creme Eggs. The great joy of my life was traveling to London and realizing they sell them year round. Oh, and I liked the city too.
- My first date with my husband was at a college date party, wearing a pelt and viking helmet. One of his friends felt me up when I was dancing with him. I ran away shrieking in terror, slipped on a puddle of beer and slid into a folding table, bruising my shin. It was a great way to make a first impression.
Now, on to the probing questions.
- Who is your favorite author? It’s a toss up between Jane Austen and Margaret Atwood.
- Who’s your biggest hero? My dad. He’s smart, creative, caring and has a very insightful humor. He has never failed me. Yes, he is flawed, but what great hero isn’t?
- If you could change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be: I would have abs of steel. I want to be able to bounce a quarter off of them.
- Leno or Letterman? (and don’t be a smartass and say “Leno’s not one anymore” or “what about Conan, or the other guys?”) Before the whole Conan O’Brien thing, I would have said Leno, but I thought that coming back was kind of a kindergarten, taking my ball back, kind of move. I also feel like I can’t say Letterman, because he seems so bitter. So, if I have to pick, I’ll go with Leno. He had genuine comedic skills and he passed the torch on to the HILARIOUS Jimmy Fallon.
- Have you ever mixed french fries with a Wendy’s Frosty? No, but I did eat fries with ice cubes. Does that count?
- Now that I’ve introduced you to mixing french fries with Frosty’s, will you try it? I shall!
- Favorite 80s hair metal ballad? Poison. I love me some Bret Michaels.
- If you were a comic strip character, who would it be? Hobbes. I am the sassy sidekick type.
- In the next 30 seconds, name as many different words for “ass.” Go! Butt, tuchous, hind quarters, flanks, marshmallow pillows, fluffin’ stuff, junk in the trunk, badonkadonk. I think that was 30 seconds worth.
- Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Jacob. Edward was so whiny and annoying. Plus, who sparkles? If my husband came home sparkly, I would he assume he spent the night in a stripclub. If he came home, transformed into a wolf and snuggled up to me, I’d be okay with that.
- What, if any, stereotypes do you fall into? I am a terrible woman driver. I learned to drive in California and I also have horrible spatial skills; I am always trying to squeeze between cars that really cannot accommodate my massive minivan.
Now, for my nominations…
- The Monster in Your Closet – Intellectual and introspective. I feel smarter for having read her blog posts.
- ComfyTown Chronicles – Random, and delightfully so. Plus you have to respect anyone who posts a picture of herself in a chicken hat.
- The DoctorDiva Gets Healthy – She’s funny and a doctor. One day I’ll ask her to look at the weird growth on my husband’s hand (seriously, what the heck is that thing?).
And, my questions to them:
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
- If you could change one moment in history, what would it be?
- Pick the ultimate superpower.
- Cats or dogs?
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- What is your favorite post that you have written?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- You can only eat one thing for the rest of your life. What is it?
- Describe yourself using one word.
- Any regrets?
Okay, that’s it. Way too long of a post, even for me and I am the most verbose person I know. Enjoy what I’ve whipped up and pass the love along to others. Namaste!